last revised 6/13/2018

campus contacts

Multicultural Student Services Center

mssc [at], 202-994-MSSC (6772)

No designated point-person for undocumented students and nothing on MSSC website that explicitly acknowledges undocumented students.


institutional websites

  • Extensive list of institutional support and external resources for undocumented students.


student initiatives

No information available.


institutional Policies

1. The university will continue to provide information on how to apply to GW and request financial aid as an undocumented person. The university has not and will not require that admitted students provide proof of citizenship or that current students disclose if they are undocumented.
2. The university will assist its undocumented students through the GW Law School’s immigration law clinic.
3. Confidential student records regarding immigration status of undocumented students will not be released without a warrant, subpoena or other court order, unless authorized by the student.
4. Students will not be questioned, held or arrested by the George Washington University Police Department (GWPD) on the basis of immigration status alone.
5. University police officers will not participate in joint immigration enforcement efforts with other law enforcement officials unless required by law.
— Source:; Accessed: 6/13/2018

financial support

GW offers merit scholarships for highly qualified undergraduate undocumented and DACA individuals.

For a limited number of undocumented and DACA students, GW will provide additional funding to meet the Estimated Financial Contribution as decided by the CSS Profile. All students, regardless of citizenship, should complete and submit the CSS Profile.

To learn more about the qualifications for funding, contact the GW Office of Undergraduate Admissions at gwadm [at] or 1-202-994-6040.

GW offers school- and program-based assistantships and fellowships, the majority of which are open to highly qualified students, regardless of immigration status. Contact the Office of Graduate Fellowships and Assistantships for more information.
— Source:; Accessed: 6/13/2018

legal support

In light of possible changes to DACA, students who may be affected and wish to consult an immigration attorney may contact the university’s immigration lawyers free of charge. They will answer initial questions and review options with affected students. Please contact Ms. Helen Konrad at the firm of McCandlish Holton at hkonrad[at], or by phone at 1-804-775-3825. The law firm has also posted helpful information on understanding the most recent government announcements. You can read the summary here: DACA September 5, 2017 summary.

The Jacob Burns Communication Legal Clinic offers legal assistance to GW students, representing clients from around the world on immigration law matters. For more information, students should call 202-994-7463 and ask for the Immigration Clinic. More information can be found here.
— Source:; Accessed: 6/13/2018